ACE2 Antibody: Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) plays a central role in vascular, renal, and myocardial physiology. In contrast to its homolog ACE, ACE2 expression is restricted to heart, kidney, and testis. Recently. ACE2 has also been shown to be a functional receptor of the SARS coronavirus. Homology modeling shows 2019-nCoV has a similar receptor-binding domain structure as SARS-CoV, which suggests COVID-19 (2019-nCoV) may use ACE2 as a receptor in humans for infection. The normal function of ACE2 is to convert the inactive vasoconstrictor angiotensin I (AngI) to Ang1-9 and the active form AngII to Ang1-7, unlike ACE, which converts AngI to AngII. While the role of these vasoactive peptides is not well understood, lack of ACE2 expression in ace2-/ace2- mice leads to severely reduced cardiac contractility, indicating its importance in regulating heart function.
- Additional information:Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Storage and shipping:
- ACE2 antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Notes:Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.