Quantitative sandwich ELISA for measuring Rat Platelet antibody IgG (PA-IgG) in samples from cell culture supernatants, serum, whole blood, plasma and other biological fluids.
- Additional information:
- Neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia results from the placental transfer of maternal platelet IgG antibodies (alloantibodies) formed against incompatible fetal platelet antigens. For example, HPA-1a (PLA-A1
- Zw) negative mothers carrying an HPA-1a positive fetus develop the anti-HPA-1a antibodies that are found in 80% of neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia cases. Additional platelet antigens involved include HPA-5 (Br
- Zv) (10% of cases), HPA-2 (Ko), HPA-3 (Bak
- Lek), HPA-4 (Pen
- Yuk), and HPA-6 (Ca
- Tu). Involvement of HLA class I antibodies has been suspected in a few cases, but is not yet proven.
- Storage and shipping:All of the components are shipped on ice packs/blue ice. Upon receiving the kit keep it at +4 degrees Celsius for up to 1 year (refer to the label on the box for the exact expiration date).
- Notes:This kit is intended for research use only. It should not be used for human or animal clinical diagnostics or treatment.