Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. Methyltransferase mediates mRNA cap 2'-O-ribose methylation to the 5'-cap structure of viral mRNAs. N7-methyl guanosine cap is a prerequisite for binding of nsp16. Therefore plays an essential role in viral mRNAs cap methylation which is essential to evade immune system.
- Additional information:Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Storage and shipping:
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) NSP16 antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Notes:Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.