Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), formerly known as 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease, is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a virus closely related to the SARS virus (1). The disease is the cause of the 2019–20 coronavirus outbreak (2). The structure of 2019-nCoV consists of the following: a spike protein (S), hemagglutinin-esterease dimer (HE), a membrane glycoprotein (M), an envelope protein (E) a nucleoclapid protein (N) and RNA. ORF9b plays a role in the inhibition of host innate immune response by targeting the mitochondrial-associated adapter MAVS. Mechanistically, it usurps the E3 ligase ITCH to trigger the degradation of MAVS, TRAF3, and TRAF6. In addition, it causes mitochondrial elongation by triggering ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of dynamin-like protein 1/DNM1L(3).
- Additional information:Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- Storage and shipping:
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) ORF9b antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Notes:Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.